"Boys are beyond the range of anyone's sure understanding, at least when they are between the ages of 18 months and 90 years." ~James Thurber

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Politics, politics, politics

I have a need to vent about what is happening here in Wisconsin.  I have an overwhelming desire to start looking into moving out of my beloved cheesehead country only to face the reality that the grass is not greener on the other side.  At a time when families, cities, states and nations are in a financial crisis it seems the distance between the democrats and republicans continue to widen leaving behind a mess in the middle.  I fear for my children's future.  I fear for my family's future.  I hope we can rise to meet the challenges in front of us; ultimately we have no choice but to try our best.

Luckily, it seems my kids are blissfully unaware of what is occurring around them.  They know their dad went to Madison on Friday because he does not agree with what Governor Walker wants.  They know there are protests but they have no idea that their life will be changing.  Do I even attempt to explain?  For now ignorance is bliss.

I've called my legislators and emailed my governor.  I've posted things I feel are relevant on Facebook and I have been praying a lot.  So I sign off with the hope that their will be light at the end of this tunnel and that my children will make it through relatively unscathed.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm glad to see you're back blogging, even if it's to vent. I still maintain that's way cheaper than a therapist. The things in Wisconsin are rather disheartening, but just remember, the pendulum always swings back. I can imagine the financial aspects of this are rather scary to you guys. But, I have no doubt our kids will blame us for all sorts of things, not the least of which is a crappy educational system! :)