"Boys are beyond the range of anyone's sure understanding, at least when they are between the ages of 18 months and 90 years." ~James Thurber

Friday, April 23, 2010

Almost two...hear me roar

Just in case you were wondering, the third child of my trio of boys is about to turn two.  Andrew is normally quite the mild-mannered fellow who goes well with the flow and isn't rattled by much.  All of this came to a crashing halt on Monday when my charming little boy turned into a screaming, kicking little monster.  This earned him a quick trip to his bedroom where he continued to rant for several minutes.  After a few minutes of isolation, I opened his door to take this picture:

Andrew in all his misery with his precious puppy and hippo in his arms.  I have no idea what brought this tantrum on and as quickly as everything started, it ended.  After five minutes of ranting in his room, two minutes of me struggling to put socks and shoes on his feet, and a quick wipe of the nose, I took this picture.
Happy-go-lucky Andrew safely aboard his wagon.  This summer could be an interesting ride with yet another Anderson male experiencing the ups and downs of being two.

No comments: