"Boys are beyond the range of anyone's sure understanding, at least when they are between the ages of 18 months and 90 years." ~James Thurber

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Life with the Seat Up

Yes, I am outnumbered;  three to one, four if you count my husband.  The three cats are male and probably even all four fish.  The Y chromosomes rule the house.

Hence the name of my blog, "Life with the Seat up."  Any female surrounded by boys with a single bathroom in the whole house can probably relate.  The seat is up, the floor can be disgusting, and you never have a moment of bathroom bliss without an inevitable knock or barge through the door.  After living with guys after graduating with college, you would think that I would no longer marvel at the male's inability to aim properly.  Yet I do.  So here in my little corner of the web I will regale you with stories of life with boys.  Boys who I hope will grow into wonderful young men.  Enjoy~

4 comments:

Sara said...

I've pretty much decided the boys' bathroom is totally off limits to me and any visitor in our home. I told the people who installed our carpet last week that they could use it at their own risk. They were all grown men, and you could tell they completely understood. Love the blog!

Unknown said...

I'm not sure there's much hope for the oldest of the 4 - poor parent role modeling, I think - but I think the younger 3 will make it.

nysjal said...

when i lived with my boyf we had two bathrooms. i gave one to him. it was his to man-up and enjoy/ignore and clean/not clean. sweet solitude.

Marciamellow said...

Funny - teaching four year old kindergarten, our bathroom floor is always wet - I think I wipe the floor at least three times a day. I just keep the door closed most the time so the smell won't invade our classroom. Next year, we are going to have lots of discussion on how to take care of our bathroom (I'll find a male teacher to talk about the "modeling" aspect :). Thanks for sharing!